Four specific factors influence the process of coffee degassing:
- The feeding of the silos
- The degassing of coffee
- The preserving of coffee
- The transfer of coffee from silos to packing machine
For each of these phases, these factors are important:
- Energy consumption
- Nitrogen consumption
- Avoiding the oxidation of the product
- Maintaining granulometric distribution without changes throughout the various stages of the process
- Avoiding the contamination of the different blends inside the plant
It is known that with increases in temperature, the residual gasses, CO2 in particular, increase in volume, risking the detachment of the capsules (or in the case of vacuum sealed packets, their swelling), thus the degassing process is a must to keep the capsules sealed and the packets vacuum sealed.
Degassing without equals
- The BMM system distributed by Colombini, the high vacuum, is the only one capable of increasing the speed and controlling of the degassing process.
- The vacuum transport between silos and packing machines is more efficient when it comes to energy consumption
- The preserving of coffee is at zero cost, as it does not necessitate nitrogen
- The available sizes of the silos are 150-250-750-1000-1500 Kg
Why choose a BMM-Colombini degassing system?
- Because the use of high vacuum at -800 millibar allows for a 30/40% reduction of the degassing times and as a consequence less silos are needed, reducing the investment and the space needed.
- Because the system guarantees nitrogen use not superior to 5m/h in the case of 650 kg silos: there’s no other system on the market with lower nitrogen usage
- Because during the product conservation phase, thanks to the high vacuum inside the silos, nitrogen is not needed, providing a clear further economic saving.